Friday, May 13, 2011

Have Boot Will Travel

Well, I finally managed to injure myself. I played sports for most of high school and never had a serious injury and then last week, it happened. I was running my normal run through Lincoln Park and about half way through my workout, I noticed that things weren't feeling too hot in my left ankle. I did the smart thing and ignored it thinking if I iced it and elevated it, I'd heal. One week went by and it was getting worse. I made a doctor's appointment and discovered that I strained my Achilles tendon. The doctor said that if I would've waited a little longer, I could have easily tore it and end up in a cast for 6 months waiting patiently for it to heal. No cast for me, but I do have this sweet medical boot. It's clunky and futuristic looking. It's not very foot-travel friendly, but it's better than crutches or a cast. There's a shop up the street from my apartment that has a local artist that paints on shirts and shoes custom to what you want...I'm wondering if I hobble up there that he could paint on my boot...that would be pretty sweet, then more people would stare. Haha. I have to wear this thing for a month, so I figured, why not blog about my experience. This is my first full day with the boot and I'll tell you what, it has not been fun. At least it's Friday and I have the weekend to keep it elevated. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment