Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm Really Bad at This

It's October 31 and I haven't written since the end of August. Ha. A lot has been happening. Let's start with recent and work backwards. Halloween was really fun. I dressed up as Flo from Progressive and it was a big hit. I only saw one other girl the whole night as Flo, and frankly, I think I was the better Flo. I had people coming up to me saying, I hate those commercials. And I was like, yeah, they're not my favorite, but thanks? For most of the month of October I was in Springfield working on the Food Channel holiday special and after 2 straight weeks of shooting and editing and working until the wee hours of the morning, we have a beautiful web-ready holiday special. I say web-ready because the idea was the get the one-hour special to a television syndicate and potentially sell advertising and have it run on TV. Well, that didn't happen because we were told it was written for the Internet and not TV. So, like I said, after hours and hours and hours of work, it just wasn't good enough. Maybe next year. So that happened. Before that I was in Boston for a week shooting a series of videos for Smith & Wollensky. HUGE success. Probably my best work yet and the client was really happy. I really liked Boston. Two of my friends from Springfield recently moved out there and love it. I could see myself living out there for sure. It's a great town. Ok, now fast forward. About a week ago, I found myself knee-deep in soybeans in Holcomb, Missouri. Yes, soybeans. Food Channel was hired to create a documentary on the farm to table experience with soybeans. So, we started with the harvest and will continue to shoot throughout the year in different states showing the journey, from planting to harvest, etc. It was quite the experience. I've never been on a farm like that before and it was eye-opening. I got to ride in one of the combines, chat with a 5th generation farmer and capture some beautiful footage. That'll be a year long project and I'm pretty excited to see how it grows. I'm going back to Springfield in a few days to prep for a meeting with a potential sponsor/partner/what ever you want to call it with (can't say just yet). We are going to NYC to meet with them and shoot some pilots. I am pretty excited about that. I've been to NYC in the spring and summer, but never fall. And fall is by far my favorite season. We might "get stuck" and stay for Thanksgiving. That's a whole week after we're there, but who knows. I'd totally do that. Plus, I would get to see the Macy's parade. And when will I be able to say, I celebrated Thanksgiving in NYC, on a whim, with some coworkers. I think it makes for a great story. Fall has definitely arrived in Chicago. I've started wearing my pea coat and thicker scarves. I like it. I just hope it's like this for a while and we don't jump in to the cold, grey, wet winter that is right around the corner. I'll be more prepared this winter and I know what to expect. I already started gathering more winter accessories including: a warm headband, leg warmers, a hat and some fingerless gloves. All at good prices of course. I'm traveling a lot and I love it. It takes some getting used to living out of a suitcase, but at least most of it has been at home in Springfield. Here's my traveling for the next few months: Springfield, NYC, Miami and soybean farms TBD. I'm excited and I say bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment